Learning about the American Revolution? These choice boards, slide presentations, and task cards provide 36 thoughtful and purposeful essential questions related to the American Revolution and will lead to higher order thinking.
• They stimulate thought and spark more questions.
• They provide the springboard for intense discussions.
• They are broad in scope and promote inquiry in the minds of your students.
• They require student to support their ideas and justify their answers.
What This Product Includes
• Three choice boards, each with twelve activities.
• Powerpoint slide presentation, provided for you in .pdf and .pps formats
• Thirty-six task cards, four per page
How To Use This Product
• The choice boards allow students to choose how they will learn the concepts. Students can choose which activities to complete. These are great for individuals and team projects as well as extra research for accelerated learners.
• The slides can be projected onto a whiteboard or Smartboard and used to promote discussion or writing while deepening the thought processes of the students. Some teachers use these as Essential Questions to spark class discussions. Others print the slides to post in the classroom as reminders for students and to trigger their high level thinking abilities.
Teachers enjoy using the task cards in a variety of ways, such as enrichment centers, and to post on bulletin boards. Another option is to have students work together on a task card question while you are working with a group. Distributing cards to individuals or groups to use as an essay topic is still another way teachers use these. Since the questions are challenging, these cards are great for fast finishers.
Store: Classy Colleagues