The 21 Spanish California Missions are all included in this reading comprehension passages packet to make it easy for you to start your California Missions research report projects. Each mission has three-pages of informative text about the indigenous people of the area, the founding of the mission, and the daily life.
This pack gives you all 21 of the California Spanish Missions for your students to research, learn about, and report. This resource can be used alone, or as a complement to the California Research Reports product.
➤What's included for the students:
- 3 page informational text about each of the 21 California missions
- Blank timelines for students to fill out.
- Short answer comprehension questions
- A mission vocabulary crossword puzzle
- A black line image of each mission for students to color
- ⭐Check out the preview to see examples of what's included!⭐ (Video coming soon.)
- ⭐Click here ▶ to watch a short video ◀ about the 21 California Missions.⭐
✅Common Core Standards:
- RI.4.3 Explain events, ideas, or concepts in a historical text.
- RI.4.4 Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words or phrases in a text relevant to a grade 4 topic or subject area.
- W.3.2, W.4.2 , W.5.2 Write informative / explanatory texts.
- W.3.6, W.4.6, W.5.6 Use technology (including the Internet) to produce and publish writing.
- W.3.7, W.4.7, W.5.7 Conduct short research projects.
- W.3.10, W.4.10 , W.5.10 Write routinely over extended time frames, (time for research, reflection, and revision.)
✅Printing and Publishing Options:
These passages are in easy-to-print PDF format.
➤Who this is for:
▶️Teachers of California History and Social Studies
➤What this resource includes:
- ✅97 pages total (including the teacher pages)
- ✅ A full list of the 21 California Missions in the order in which they were founded on a one page reference sheet
- ✅ A table of contents so you can easily find what you need
- ✅ Teacher notes and ideas for use
- ✅ 21 full page mission report covers
- ✅ Comprehension questions
- ✅ A timeline for students to fill out
- ✅ A mission vocabulary crossword puzzle
⭐ California Missions Research Report
⭐ The Four Regions of California with Video
⭐ Landform Types of California with Video
⭐ All of my California Mission Products
⭐ Sweet History of Fortune Cookies Origins Reading Passage and Writing Prompt
⭐ Sweet History of Chocolate Chip Cookies Reading Passage and Writing Prompt
⭐ Migration of Monarch Butterflies Reading Passage and Writing Prompt
⭐ How Do Bees Make Honey? Reading Passage and Writing Prompt
Find me on Social Media
- Instagram: @teacherwriterco
- Twitter: @Teacherwriterco
- Pinterest: @teacherwriterco
- Blog: https://teacherwriter.co
- Youtube @teacherwriter
- Building Strong Writers With Simple Systems (Teaching writing course)