Do your students love the springtime and Easter marshmallow candy bunnies and chicks? In this reading passage they will learn how Peeps(R) are made at the Just Born candy factory. Then they'll have fun with a narrative writing prompt about a marshmallow bunny and chick that escape from the candy store!
Students will read an original nonfiction text with an annotation guide about the history of this popular treat. The text includes the step by step process in which this popular candy is made. Did you know it used to take 27 hours to make one marshmallow candy by hand? Now it takes 6 minutes with technology.
Students have vocabulary activities for six new Tier II words.
You have printable word wall sizes of the vocabulary words.
There are two pages of reading comprehension questions, and a narrative writing assignment too. Round out this week-long lesson plan with fun activities of your own using marshmallow candy.
You'll get a PDF file and a file in Google Slides (TM).
The PDF file has the link to make your copy in your Google Drive (TM).
➤Who this is for:
▶️2nd grade higher level students
➤What this resource includes:
- ✅2 page teacher lesson plan
- ✅3-page original nonfiction text with images
- ✅2 graphic organizers for main idea and summary
- ✅2 pages of comprehension questions (T/F, multiple choice, short answer, inference, and word structure)
- ✅3 vocabulary pages
- ✅1 scrambled word activity
- ✅4 writing pages, lined or lined with a picture space
- ✅8 informative writing rubrics (2 options for each grade 2, 3, 4, and 5)
- ✅Teacher answer keys
Thank you for downloading this resource! I appreciate you!
Check out the TeacherWriter store on Amped Up Learning!
Join me on Social Media!
- Instagram: @teacherwriterco
- Twitter: @teacherwriterco
- Pinterest: @teacherwriterco
- Blog: https://teacherwriter.co
- Youtube channel with my videos for students that go along with my products.