Self-checking & engaging comparing integers escape activity! Compare 2 integers using greater than, less than, or equal to sign. Word problems with real life scenarios have students determining which negative integer is greater than or less than the other negative integer. Are your students engaged with escape activities or break the code activities? Simply share the Google Sheets™ activity on comparing integers with your students and each one will have their own individual escape activity!! No prep! No planning!
Students have 12 comparing integer problems and 12 real life word problems comparing integers. Compare negative integers, positive integers, and the absolute value of negative integers. Compare negative temperatures, depth below sea level, descending, spending money, and more. When a correct answer is chosen from the drop-down menu, the image to the right of the answer box will change. The image will not change if the answer chosen is incorrect. After answering a row of 3 questions correctly, the next row of 3 questions will appear or be unlocked. After all the 12 problems are correct, a bonus question related to integers appears. Once students answer this bonus question correctly, they will escape or break the code. What a fun and easy way to practice comparing integers?!?!
2 Escape Activities in this Bundle!
1) Compare Integers: Compare 2 integers using greater than, less than, or equal to sign.
2) Comparing Integers in Word Problems: Word problems with real life scenarios have students determining which negative integer is greater than or less than the other negative integer.
When is the best time to use this resource?
- Immediately following initial lesson: When students answer incorrectly, they can try again. The goal is to have students think about their mistakes and correct them before asking for help. Students can keep working until they earn 100% or more.
- Morning Work, Warm-Ups, or Bell Ringers: Quick & engaging activity to use as a warm-up.
- Spiral Review: Use later in this unit or later in the year to review identifying integers.
- Substitute: Quick and easy activity to leave for a substitute. Students can mark problems they struggle with on the student answer sheet.
- Summer School: Engaging and no prep activity while teaching summer school!
Read Aloud Accommodations
No problem. Simply upload the student sheet with word problems to your learning management system. Students can use the text-to-speech accessibility feature on their device to listen to the word problems being read aloud.
Open the Preview to read more about this engaging activity.
Watch the Video Preview on each resource to see them in action.
What is included in this resource?
Upon purchasing this resource, you will download a zip file. Open the zip file and extract all the documents by dragging and dropping the files into your personal file. In the zip file you will find…
- Links and Info: Includes Google Sheets™ link (You will be asked to make a copy of each activity.)
- QR Code Task Cards
- Answer Key
- Student Answer sheet
- Info & tips for using resource
PLEASE NOTE: Game has been created in and is for use with Google Sheets™.
Common Core: 6.NS.C.7.A – understand ordering and absolute value of rational numbers
VA SOL: 6.3b – compare and order integers
Please visit the KLC K8 store for more resources on this skill and for similar resources on related skills.
If you have questions about this resource before purchasing or questions or concerns after purchasing, please email me before leaving a review. I will answer your questions and help work through any problems. I enjoy hearing from teachers and parents! Thank you for visiting my store and for all you do for your students and children.
Kids Learning Corner K8
NOTE: Microsoft PowerPoint™, Google™, Google Slides™, Google Jamboard™, Google Forms™, Nearpod™, and Pear Deck™ are all trademarked. This resource was created in Microsoft PowerPoint™ and Google Slides™ and is to be used with any of these learning platforms.
Copyright © Kids Learning Corner K-8
All rights reserved by the teacher author.
- Permission is given for a single teacher to copy and upload to student learning management systems for all students on that teacher’s roster or all students in a co-taught class.
- If other teachers like this resource, please purchase an additional license at a discounted price.
- Permission is given for private tutors to use this resource and share it with the student and/or their guardian.
- You may not use this resource on Outschool™ or make available for the public on a website.