Want a fun integer FALL themed SELF-CHECKING activity for INTEGER OPERATIONS practice, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing integers practice? Use this digital math escape activity where students solve problems to help the kids escape from the pile of leaves! Students will immediately know if their answer is correct without waiting on you to check their answers. Decrease down-time! Simply share the Google Sheets™ digital activity for integer operations practice with your students and each one will have their own individual escape activity!! No prep! No planning!
Students have 12 problems total with all four operations mixed throughout the activity. Six problems are for adding and subtracting integers practice and the other six are for multiplying and dividing integers practice. When a correct answer is entered, the pile of leaves to the right of the answer box will change to a child raking leaves or a dog searching through the leaves. The pile of leaves will not change if the answer is incorrect. After answering a row of 3 questions correctly, the next row of 3 questions will unlock and appear for students to solve. After all the 12 problems are correct, a challenge question related to integers will appear. Once students answer this challenge question correctly, they will have helped the kids escape the pile of leaves. What a fun and easy way to practice adding and subtracting integers?!?!
Do you have students who need paper and pencil? Do you have students who will be absent from school for a while? QR Code self-checking task cards with the same 12 problems are also included. Each task card has a QR code that can be scanned with a camera app on a phone. Great for students who have forgotten their device, or the device is not charged!
Click this link to see a PREVIEW of this integer operation self-checking practice activity.
Watch this video to see the escape activity in action.
When is the best time to use this resource?
- Immediately following initial lesson: When students answer incorrectly, they can try again. The goal is to have students think about their mistakes and correct them before asking for help. Students can keep working until they earn 100% or more.
- Morning Work, Warm-Ups, or Bell Ringers: Quick & engaging activity to use as a warm-up.
- Spiral Review: Use later in this unit or later in the year to review identifying integers.
- Substitute: Quick and easy activity to leave for a substitute. Students can mark problems they struggle with on the student answer sheet.
- Summer School: Engaging and no prep activity while teaching summer school!
Read Aloud Accommodations
No problem. Simply upload the student sheet with word problems to your learning management system. Students can use the text-to-speech accessibility feature on their device to listen to the word problems being read aloud.
What is included in this resource?
Upon purchasing this resource, you will download a zip file. Open the zip file and extract all the documents by dragging and dropping the files into your personal file. In the zip file you will find…
- Links and Info: Includes Google Sheets™ link (You will be asked to make a copy of each activity.)
- QR Code Task Cards
- Answer Key
- Student Answer sheet
- Info & tips for using resource
PLEASE NOTE: Game has been created in and is for use with Google Sheets™.
Please visit my store, Kids Learning Corner K8, to see more integer recourses, and digital self-checking resources.
7.NS.A.1 – add and subtract rational numbers
7.NS.A.1.D – apply properties of operations as strategies to add and subtract rational numbers
VA SOL: 6.6.6b – add and subtract integers
Please visit my store for more resources on this skill and for similar resources on related skills.
If you have questions about this resource before purchasing or questions or concerns after purchasing, please email me before leaving a review. I will answer your questions and help work through any problems. I enjoy hearing from teachers and parents! Thank you for visiting my store and for all you do for your students and children.
Kids Learning Corner K8
NOTE: Microsoft PowerPoint™, Google™, Google Slides™, Google Jamboard™, Google Forms™, Nearpod™, and Pear Deck™ are all trademarked. This resource was created in Microsoft PowerPoint™ and Google Slides™ and is to be used with any of these learning platforms.
Copyright © Kids Learning Corner K-8
All rights reserved by the teacher author.
- Permission is given for a single teacher to copy and upload to student learning management systems for all students on that teacher’s roster or all students in a co-taught class.
- If other teachers like this resource, please purchase an additional license at a discounted price.
- Permission is given for private tutors to use this resource and share it with the student and/or their guardian.
- You may not use this resource on Outschool™ or make available for the public on a website.