Want a fun integer FALL themed SELF-CHECKING activity for multiplying and dividing integers practice? Use this digital math escape activity where students solve problems to help the squirrel save its acorns from the raccoon! Students will immediately know if their answer is correct without waiting on you to check their answers. Decrease down-time! Simply share the Google Sheets™ digital activity for multiplying and dividing integers practice with your students and each one will have their own individual escape activity!! No prep! No planning!
Students have 12 problems for multiplying and dividing integers practice. When a correct answer is entered, the racoon to the right of the answer box will change to an acorn. The raccoon will not change if the answer is incorrect. After answering a row of 3 questions correctly, the next row of 3 questions will unlock and appear for students to solve. After all the 12 problems are correct, a challenge question related to integers will appear. Once students answer this challenge question correctly, they will have helped the squirrel save all of its acorns. What a fun and easy way to practice multiplying and dividing integers?!?!
Do you have students who need paper and pencil? Do you have students who will be absent from school for a while? QR Code self-checking task cards with the same 12 problems are also included. Each task card has a QR code that can be scanned with a camera app on a phone. Great for students who have forgotten their device, or the device is not charged!
Click this link to see a PREVIEW of the escape activity.
Watch this video to see the escape activity in action.
When is the best time to use this resource?
- Immediately following initial lesson: When students answer incorrectly, they can try again. The goal is to have students think about their mistakes and correct them before asking for help. Students can keep working until they earn 100% or more.
- Morning Work, Warm-Ups, or Bell Ringers: Quick & engaging activity to use as a warm-up.
- Spiral Review: Use later in this unit or later in the year to review identifying integers.
- Substitute: Quick and easy activity to leave for a substitute. Students can mark problems they struggle with on the student answer sheet.
- Summer School: Engaging and no prep activity while teaching summer school!
Read Aloud Accommodations
No problem. Simply upload the student sheet with word problems to your learning management system. Students can use the text-to-speech accessibility feature on their device to listen to the word problems being read aloud.
What is included in this resource?
Upon purchasing this resource, you will download a zip file. Open the zip file and extract all the documents by dragging and dropping the files into your personal file. In the zip file you will find…
- Links and Info: Includes Google Sheets™ link (You will be asked to make a copy of each activity.)
- QR Code Task Cards
- Answer Key
- Student Answer sheet
- Info & tips for using resource
PLEASE NOTE: Game has been created in and is for use with Google Sheets™.
Visit my store, Kids Learning Corner K8, for more integer resources and self-checking digital resources.
Common Core: 7.NS.A.2.c – Apply properties of operations as strategies to multiply and divide rational numbers.
VA SOL: 6.6a – add, subtract, multiply, and divide integers
If you have questions about this resource before purchasing or questions or concerns after purchasing, please email me before leaving a review. I will answer your questions and help work through any problems. I enjoy hearing from teachers and parents! Thank you for visiting my store and for all you do for your students and children.
Kids Learning Corner K8
NOTE: Microsoft PowerPoint™, Google™, Google Slides™, Google Jamboard™, Google Forms™, Nearpod™, and Pear Deck™ are all trademarked. This resource was created in Microsoft PowerPoint™ and Google Slides™ and is to be used with any of these learning platforms.
Copyright © Kids Learning Corner K-8
All rights reserved by the teacher author.
- Permission is given for a single teacher to copy and upload to student learning management systems for all students on that teacher’s roster or all students in a co-taught class.
- If other teachers like this resource, please purchase an additional license at a discounted price.
- Permission is given for private tutors to use this resource and share it with the student and/or their guardian.
- You may not use this resource on Outschool™ or make available for the public on a website.