**Layers of the Ocean Card Sort**
Did you know that the ocean has five distinct layers and over 250,000 species? Introduce your students to the ocean zones and the creatures that live there with this ocean layers card sort. It includes 19 different picture examples of ocean creatures to sort between the 5 ocean zones. There is also a card for the depth of each zone. The cards come in 3 different sizes, with differentiated sorting sheets and an answer key. This resource can be used in so many ways! Laminate the larger pictures to use as a center or station activity, use the sorting sheets with smaller pictures as notes in interactive notebooks, a homework assignment or formative assessment. Easily differentiate by changing the vocabulary of the zones of the ocean. A quick and easy way to reinforce science concepts and vocabulary. Supports skills from the following standards: NGSS 2 LS4-1, 3 LS4-3, MS LS2-1; TEKS SCI.3.10, 4.10, 7.10; VA SOL.3.5, LS.6, LS.7 and KS1 Year 2, KS2 Year 4 and 6.
**This Resource Includes**
- 19 different color picture cards in 4 formats (3 different sizes, 1 with labels)
- 4 Examples for Sunlight Zone (Epipelagic)
- 4 Examples for Twilight Zone (Mesopelagic)
- 4 Examples for Midnight Zone (Bathypelagic)
- 4 Examples for Abyss Zone (Abyssopelagic)
- 3 Examples for the Trenches (Hadalpelagic)
- 5 Zone Depth Cards in Three Sizes
- 4 Differentiated Sorting Sheets
- Zone Labels
- Answer Key
**Other Resources You May Enjoy**
Check out Lessontopia for more resources.