**Consumer, Producer, Decomposer DELUXE Card Sort**
This low-prep card sorting activity is a perfect way to teach life science concepts and vocabulary. Card sorts provide students with hands-on activities to reinforce their learning. The materials can be used in numerous ways and are easy to differentiate for multiple ages and abilities. Use the sorting sheets to have young students categorize the pictures into producers and consumers, add the category “decomposer” for older students and challenge your advanced learners to further categorize by the three main types of consumers. The pictures can also be used to model energy flow in ecosystems by creating simple food webs or chains. This deluxe set includes all the pictures from my original set along with 24 all new organisms to represent additional ecosystems. Supports skills from the following standards: NGSS 5 LS2-1, MS LS2-3; TEKS SCI.5.9.B; VA SOL.4.3.b.
**This Resource Includes**
- 48 different color picture cards in 4 formats (3 different sizes, 1 with labels)
- o 12 Examples of Herbivores (Consumers)
- o 10 Examples of Carnivores (Consumers)
- o 10 Examples of Omnivores (Consumers)
- o 8 examples of Producers
- o 8 examples of Decomposers
- 3 Differentiated Sorting Sheets
- Category Labels
- Answer Keys
**Other Resources You May Enjoy**
Check out Lessontopia for more resources.