The 5 Themes of Geography – Student Project Overview:
For this project students will be creating a PowerPoint or Poster where they will apply the 5 themes of geography to an America city, or foreign country of their choice.
Students will pick a city or foreign country of their choice and conduct research on it to find examples of the 5 themes of geography and how they apply to their area.
After researching their place, they will create a PowerPoint or Poster to show what they have learned and how they can apply the 5 themes to their area.
Materials include for this project assignment are:
- Instruction/Overview Sheet
- 5 Themes information sheet with definitions and examples for each theme
- Student Project Checklist
- Rubrics for PowerPoint and Poster Options
- Teacher comment sheet for leaving meaningful feedback quickly
- PowerPoint Example Project
A Microsoft Word file of each resource is provided so that you can edit anything to your preferences and the needs of your students!