Introduce the water cycle and watershed with a PowerPoint presentation. Follow up with Boom Cards and Montessori nomenclature cards for Montessori, home school and distance learning environments
This value packed Water Cycle and Watershed Unit includes the following activities:
- Montessori 3 part nomenclatures cards introducing water cycle and watershed vocabulary and concepts.
- Definition cards
- Create your own water cycle activity
- Create your own watershed activities
- Boom Learning Deck to consolidate concepts and assess understanding including a digital build your own water cycle activity. Decks
Click here to find out more about Boom Learning
- Microsoft PowerPoint presentation for presenting this lesson to your class. Can also be used by students to consolidate understanding.
The following vocabulary and definitions are introduced in this unit:
- The Water Cycle
- watershed divide
- tectonic plates
- canopy interception
The 3 part nomenclature and classified cards make it the perfect addition to the Montessori Elementary environment and the digital components make it ideal for any environment including homeschool environments.
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details:
For more information about how to teach using Boom Cards, follow this link:
Check out Montessori Global for more resources.