70 Questions about the Underground Railroad! Slideshow, task cards, and written quizzes are all included!
Topics covered include
• the purpose of the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments.
• the work of the Freedmen’s Bureau
• Jim Crow laws and customs
• Freedmen’s Bureau
• 10 Percent Plan
• Ku Klux Klan
• the Black Codes
• scalawags and carpetbaggers
• tenant farming
Essential questions addressed are
• How did the civil war affect the North and South?
• How did Reconstruction affect the United States after the Civil War?
• How did the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments change life for African- Americans?
• Why are amendments added to the Constitution?
• What is the process for adding amendments to the Constitution?
• How did sharecropping differ from slavery? How were newly freed African-Americans kept from having all their rights?
• How did newly freed slaves support themselves and their families after the Civil War?
Each slide has a standards-based multiple choice question and is suitable for projecting from your computer to facilitate student discussion. It is easily used with student response systems to allow progress monitoring of their learning in this area.
Task cards are designed four per page.
5 multiple-choice quizzes included; each quiz has ten questions, and answer keys are included.
Store: Classy Colleagues