In this ready-to-use Escape Room, students will close read a three-page article and analyze nine images to solve riddles, answer questions, and ultimately crack the code to escape the ziggurat!
This lesson includes:
1. An article to close read, charting the Cradle of Civilization from the Sumer Period through King Hammurabi
2. 7 Escape Room Tasks
3. 8 Primary sources and 1 secondary source (images)
4. Teacher Notes for quick implementation and easy instruction
5. Answer Key for riddles
The activity can be completed in three ways:
1. Group Work*
2. Flipped Classroom - assign article as homework
3. Individual Escape Room - Print a class set of Escape Room Tasks (slides 7-13) and a few copies of the images to disperse throughout the room. Each student reads the article and completes the escape room individually, check in frequently to earn keys. As students finish, you may wish to have them solve the final riddle by writing a paragraph explaining their answers, serving as a formative assessment.
*Instructions given in Teacher Notes
FORMATS INCLUDE: PDF, WORD-editable, POWERPOINT-editable
Created by The Social Studies Stash
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I love escape rooms and everything from this teacher is great, and I love that Amped Up Learning gives you rewards that the other guys don't.