Shop by Category
Shop by Brand
Elf off the Shelf Resources
“One size fits all” is not an expression which can be applied to resources from Elf off the Shelf. Each pack allows you to totally bespoke your lesson to take account of:
- the ability of your pupils;
- time available for the topic;
- departmental/school policy.
Typically, a pack will contain;
- an animated PowerPoint which includes an exit ticket quiz;
- resources for 10 to 14 class activities;
- differentiated homework;
- a second PowerPoint with answers and mark schemes for all worksheets and homework;
- a one-page flow chart lesson plan.
In addition to delivering an engaging, captivating and enjoyable science lesson, each pack is designed to promote literacy and oracy and also provides numerous opportunities for efficient and effective self-assessment and peer assessment using the answer/mark scheme PowerPoint provided.
Each one-page flow chart lesson plan shows where logical choices between activities can be made.
Typical activities in each pack include:
- Anticipation guide (starter and plenary);
- Flip it (we give the answer and the pupil writes the question);
- Cut and stick;
- Fact sheet:
- Pupil progress checklist;
- Differentiated worksheets;
- Differentiated homework;
- Instructions for practical;
- Taboo Cards (Paired activity with a pupil giving clues to a word with restrictions on words used in the clues).
A range of revision lessons with a difference are also available. These start with a fact sharing activity in groups and progress to an animated quiz which enables each pupil to produce a fact sheet with those facts needing additional revision clearly marked.
A handy range of board games, animated quiz and card sort team games are available for reinforcement, revision and cover lessons. All come with quick-check answers for teachers.
Full instructions for use are given on each resource and these lessons practically run themselves.