This action-packed distance or remote learning package introduces electrical symbols and teaches the student how to draw simple and more complicated circuit diagrams from sketches of circuits with actual apparatus. Series and parallel circuits are also introduced.
This resource has been designed so that the animated PowerPoint replaces the teacher by providing structure, sequence, knowledge and answers. The worksheets, cut-outs, foldable and progress check provide a familiar medium for students to develop and test their knowledge, continue to develop their literacy skills and use their creativity to organise their learning and assess their progress.
- To be able to recognise and draw the symbols for a battery, lamp, voltmeter, ammeter, switch, resistor and motor.
- To be able to draw simple and more complex circuit diagrams from sketches of circuits with actual apparatus.
- To be able to recognise and draw series and parallel circuits.
1. An animated PowerPoint which guides the student through the lesson by:
- explaining how to use distance learning effectively;
- explaining how to use this resource;
- explaining current, voltage and resistance and the relationship between them;
- providing the answers to all the worksheets so that the students can mark and correct their work.
2. Four worksheets, a cut-out activities, the answers to which are in the PowerPoint.
3. A foldable and cut-out activity so that students can record and organise their learning.
4. A checklist for students to use to assess their progress.
5. A short digital test which can be returned to the teacher.
6. For those students without internet or a computer at home, a condensed printable copy of the PowerPoint is provided for distribution by school.
Ways to Use this Resource
Upload PowerPoint and worksheets to school intranet. Students print their own worksheets.
Upload PowerPoint and worksheets to school intranet and provide a hardcopy of worksheets for students. Those families who do not wish to collect worksheets or who are in isolation can print the worksheets at home.
Provide students with a hard copy of the condensed PowerPoint and worksheets.
Other distance Learning Electricity topics for Middle School
More quality resources available