This is a differentiated, challenging, engaging and enjoyable card sort team game with 42 question cards on the basics of current electricity including, understanding the terms current, voltage and resistance, conductors and insulators and circuit symbol and circuits diagrams.
Included in this Pack.
42 question cards
42 answer cards
Pupil answer/score sheet
Teacher’s answer sheet.
- Photocopy 1 set of question sheets and 1 set of answer sheets per group of 4 pupils.
- Sheets could be laminated to enable year-on-year use.
- Cut sheets into cards.
How it Works.
- Each group matches the answer cards to the question cards and fills in their score sheet.
- The game stops when the first group finishes.
- Teacher reads out answers and groups check answers and complete their score card by awarding the points according to the colour of each question card.
- The group with the highest number of points wins.
Prior Knowledge Required
- To know the symbols for switch, resistor, battery, voltmeter, ammeter, motor, buzzer.
- Be able to recognise series and parallel circuits.
- Know definition of conductors and insulators.
- Know that metals are conductors and non-metals are insulators.
- Know that graphite is a non-metal conductor.
- Know that metal ions cause resistance.
- Know that batteries contain chemicals and provide the push or voltage to drive current around a circuit.
- Know that current is a flow of electrons.
- Know that voltage is the difference in energy level between two points in a circuit.
- Know the long and thin wires have high resistances.
- Know that short and thick wires have low resistances.
- Know that insulators have high resistances and the resistance of all conductors is comparatively lower.
- Know that heat is produced when current flows in a conductor.
- Be able to construct circuit diagrams from sketches
These learning outcomes, and others, are contained in three full resourced packs from Elf Off the Shelf. Each pack contains two PowerPoints and fourteen original and engaging pupil resources. They are also available as a substantially discounted bundle. Please follow the links below if you are interested in these resources.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Kids loved it, Thanks