'Healthy Kids' has been discounted for 'Vegetable Week' (normally $2.30)!
'‘The Big Vegie Crunch’ is an attempt by NSW primary school students to break the record for the highest number of children eating vegetables simultaneously – and to get kids excited about vegetables!' ~ Health Kids Association
'Healthy Kids' (Grades K-7) is a whole school, curriculum-aligned, positive behaviours song celebrating good nutrition. It highlights exercise and healthy living, helping students to recognize the relationship between food & lifestyle choices, and performance & wellbeing.
'A Lesson in Every Lyric'™
Sing and do chorus actions only, with Kinder and younger grades, letting them listen to and discuss the verses first. Sing other verses as they become familiar with the content... More tips & suggestions for use, in blog post, ‘Healthy Kids’.
All of our resources are Covid-friendly. If your school is not allowed to sing at the moment because of restrictions, our song lyrics stand alone as curriculum content-rich poetry.
An illustrated, Curriculum Karaoke™ read, sing & learn along song video MP4 for use on computers, smart boards and other technological devices).
* 'Healthy Kids' is also available as an MP3 song package (songs & lesson materials)
* A FREE copy of our 'Tips & Suggestions for Using Songs in Your Classroom' included in this download
Song Video Preview Sample:
• Not musical ~ NO worries!
• Just download the MP4 song video and play on your classroom whiteboard or computer!
• Students read / sing / learn along as the song plays and the lyrics display on the screen.
• No need to print out lyrics or create a powerpoint - the Mp4 does it all for you, making it easy for the whole class or school to follow the lyrics on any screen and read/sing along together.
• Stop video at any time, to discuss/clarify/reinforce content, define words, discuss punctuation, etc.
Blog Post: ‘Curriculum Karaoke™
Our songs target outcomes & learning sequences of curriculum documents and support & integrate classroom learning across key subject areas.
They are perfect for:
• Motivating and engaging students
• Introducing new units of work
• Kick-starting discussion
• Summarising & reinforcing learning content
• Aiding recall of important information
• Extending literacy
• Poetry units (lyric sheets)
• Arts integration
• Assembly & performance pieces
• Creating unity
• Distance learning...
'In terms of application to the classroom, and usability by teachers they rate a tick in every box.'
~ Brendan Hitchens, Teacher, Music In Action: A Magazine for Educators
* This is great, thanks!' ~ Teacher, 'Mrs Queen of Sped', TPT (5/5 Star Rating)
- PINTEREST BOARD: 'Healthy Kids' (lesson activities, posters, etc.)
- Follow on FACEBOOK
- Follow on TWITTER
- Follow on PINTEREST
- Follow on LINKEDIN
- Follow on Instagram
- Follow Blog
COPYRIGHT: ©Lyrics: Nuala O’Hanlon / Music: Kathryn Radloff: KEYSTONE CREATIONS ~ Educational Songs. All rights reserved. This song video is for the use of the purchaser/purchasing school only. Neither this work nor any part of it may be reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in any medium, including electronic or digital (except within purchasing school), without permission in writing from the copyright owner.
KEYSTONE CREATIONS ~ Educational Songs
A Lesson in Every Lyric®