All of the components of the learning process are included in this interactive digital lesson about the Declaration of Independence. Students will have the opportunity to engage, explore, explain, apply, share, reflect and extend their understanding as 21st century learners.
- To engage students in the activity, they listen to a break-up song parody of the Declaration of Independence.
- They then explore a variety of primary and secondary sources related to the Declaration of Independence.
- Students explain their learning by analyzing each part of the Declaration of Independence and determining the meaning.
- To apply their learning, students choose from a variety of activities using numerous learning styles.
- Students then share their products and reflect on their own learning process.
This resource is a Google Doc that can be shared with students directly or put onto Google Classroom. You will get a link to the Google Doc version of this activity. It will ask you to make a copy of the document when you open it. You will then be able to edit the document if desired. You can share the document with students or post it as an assignment on Google Classroom. If you assign it through Classroom, be sure to click the "copy for each student" option.
Store: Harper's History
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Perfect for my students, kept them engaged and love that it is digital.