Why study history? As social studies and history teachers, we know that question is coming. Answer it BEFORE they get the chance to ask! This set works wonderfully as a beginning of the year lesson.
Please See Preview Video For Samples!
Use this engaging, fun, and colorful PowerPoint (30 slides) to teach your students why it is so incredibly important and beneficial to study history! This is an essential lesson for any social studies or history class to use at the beginning of the year or refocus your class when they have hit a wall or lost interest in learning history.
This PowerPoint Includes:
- Cooperative Learning Activity
- Links to Videos
- Discussion Prompts
- 30 Engaging Slides
- PowerPoint needs to have the content enabled before presenting
- Videos are included in the PowerPoint--> LOOK FOR THE VIDEO CAMERA ICON & CLICK!
- Modern Love, and Avenir Next LT Pro (Body) are the primary fonts used in this presentation. You may need to adjust the font/size if you do not have a version of PowerPoint that includes these fonts.
Why do we study history? Utilize this worksheet set (goes perfectly with this PowerPoint) to help your students explore this common question.
This Set Includes:
- Mind map for why we study history
- Worksheet to list 10 reasons why it is important to study history
- Create a bumper sticker promoting the study of history worksheet
- Interpreting famous quotes about history worksheet
- A research worksheet/profile for an important figure in history
HistoTeam- Trust the Team! CLICK HERE FOR MORE HISTORY RESOURCES BY THE HISTOTEAM