Winter Math Enrichment (percent of change, percent increases & decreases, percent of a number, converting fractions to percentages) - Use this activity in your classroom to have your students incorporate critical thinking, and Christmas Math in a fun way.
Santa wanted to practice going down the chimney before Christmas. Unfortunately, while trying to go down, he got stuck in the chimney. Christmas is coming, so you have to help Santa lose weight. You have to create a training program for Santa. Just remember, don't tire him too much or he won't be able to exercise the next day.
This project covers (11pages):
- percent of change,
- percent increases and decreases,
- finding the whole, given the part and percent,
- finding the part, given the percent and whole,
- converting fractions to percentages.
This resource includes:
- The editable digital version in Google Slides™.
- The editable PowerPoint™ version.
- The printable version in PDF (color).
- The printable version in PDF (black & white).
- An example of a completed project.
- The Grading Rubric.
Check out Inspire Math Matematyka for more resources.