- The distribution of food across the globe looking at areas of undernourishment and areas of high obesity.
- The social, economic, environmental and political causes of food shortages.
- Food shortages in Somalia. Looking at the Horn of Africa Famine, 2011. (Causes, Impacts, Solutions).
- Includes a reading and comprehension activity.
- A fully resourced class debate on the causes of food shortages in Somalia.
- Links to solutions.
- FACE TO FACE READY- Word Document/PDF/PowerPoint- printable resources for delivery in the classroom.
- REMOTE READY- Suitable for online digital learning with links to Google Docs and Google Slides that can be directly posted onto Google Classroom. Students can use digital devices to work independently on the activities from home.
- Knowledge Organizer
- Interactive assessments (Self-marking Google Form, Keyword Quizlet, Multiple Choice Quizizz)
Each resource includes:
- Worksheet with activities.
- Teacher PowerPoint with diagrams and answer key provided directly onto the slides or in notes section of each slide.
- Activate- a starter, an introduction, a stimulus.
- Content- The Geographical knowledge- supported by short activities, images, graphs, diagrams.
- Review- a plenary, recall activity, AFL, knowledge check.
- Useful links- to video clips, websites etc.
• A word document worksheet that includes activities.
•The word document is 5 pages. The word document is provided in colour and grayscale.
•This worksheet is also provided as a PDF.
•A PowerPoint version of diagrams and answers
•The PowerPoint is 22 slides
Check out The Geography Oasis for more resources.