- Definitions of a range of social and economic development indicators.
- The relationship between indicators (GNI per Capita and literacy). This includes a scatter graph activity.
- A detailed comparison of 2 countries to explain why they develop at different rates (Malaysia and DR Congo).
- Regional differences in Malaysia and an introduction of the core-periphery model.
- Introduction to Human Development Index (HDI) and its advantages and disadvantages.
- Describing the distribution of countries at different levels of development. This includes a choropleth map activity.
- FACE TO FACE READY- Word Document/PDF/PowerPoint- printable resources for delivery in the classroom.
- REMOTE READY- Suitable for online digital learning with links to Google Docs and Google Slides that can be directly posted onto Google Classroom. Students can use digital devices to work independently on the activities from home.
- Knowledge Organizer
- Interactive assessments (Self-marking Google Form, Keyword Quizlet, Multiple Choice Quizizz)
Each resource includes:
- Worksheet with activities.
- Teacher PowerPoint with diagrams and answer key provided directly onto the slides or in notes section of each slide.
- Activate- a starter, an introduction, a stimulus.
- Content- The Geographical knowledge- supported by short activities, images, graphs, diagrams.
- Review- a plenary, recall activity, AFL, knowledge check.
- Useful links- to video clips, websites etc.
• A word document worksheet that includes activities that introduce key terminology, helps students to use development indicators, identify the reasons why some countries develop quicker than others, HDI, regional variation and global distributions
•The word document is 9 pages. The word document is provided in colour and grayscale.
•This worksheet is also provided as a PDF.
•A PowerPoint version of diagrams and answers
•The PowerPoint is 24 slides
Check out The Geography Oasis for more resources.