Welcome! This four-page reinforcement packet will help prepare anatomy and physiology students for a unit test about tissues and membranes. The packet's first section covers tissues, and its second one will probe the students' understanding of membranes. There are five subsections – structural cells, tissue classification – the four main categories, connective tissue bonus section, epithelial membranes, and connective tissue membranes.
In this learning resource, students will perform the following tasks.
- Locate specific regions in the body that are rich in cuboidal, columnar, and squamous cells.
- Identify the distinguishable structures, key descriptions, and primary functions of muscle tissue.
- Identify the distinguishable structures, telltale descriptions, and primary functions of nervous tissue.
- Identify the distinguishable structures, key descriptions, and primary functions of connective tissue.
- Identify the distinguishable structures, critical descriptions, and primary functions of epithelial tissue.
- Name three examples of dense fibrous tissue.
- Identify three examples of adipose tissue.
- Record three examples of cartilage tissue.
- Identify three additional examples of connective tissue.
- State the function of various connective tissues.
- Answer a series of questions about cutaneous, mucous, and serous membranes.
- Answer a series of questions about connective tissue membranes.
This document will become editable upon conversion to Microsoft Word using an Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Program.
This study guide comes with a key with the answers in bold, red font. I edited this resource with the premium version of Grammarly. I listed this product as a four-page document, but it actually is nine pages with the title page and key.
This document complements the following lessons in my store about tissues and membranes.
Membrane Summary Table
Tissues & Membranes Latin Root Word Worksheet
Tissues of the Body Study Guide
Tissues and Membranes Unit Exam
Thank you for your interest. I have been the science department head for over twenty years, and I have published almost a half-million dollars of science kits, games, lessons, and books dating back to 2002!
Check out Parker's Product for the Sciences for more resources.