Are you looking for an end of the year project that give students a chance to research the "fun stuff" of US History? Try this FREE decades project! Editable!
- PDF and editable Power Point versions of this product.
- blank templates of the following decades: 1920s - 2010s. (If you want to add more, you have the editable version to do so
- suggestions from my classroom on how I used this with my students.
- Students signed up for a decade. I allowed 4 students per class to sign up for a decade. This prevented everyone picking the 1990s (you know, 90s rap is cool)
- Students were required to research each topic (fashion for example) and include 4 things to include in their visual.
- I allowed them to include key words and/or phrases if they wished.
- They had to attach a second page that included a summary of each item and how it related/fit into the decade. I didn’t give them a sentence number requirement, but you certainly could do so.
- I required students to use color and be neat.
- They stapled the image page to their explanations before they turned them in. That’s it!
- Low stress, high interest = win-win!
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Looking forward to using this at the end of the year. I am going to change it up a bit since I teach ancient civilizations, but I am excited to see what my kids come up with!