Build a giant wall map of Africa! This is a fantastic method to learn about Africa and African geography. When finished, you'll have a gorgeous map on display.
Assign each student an African country. Then piece the African continent together, country-by-country, on your bulletin board. The finished map is HUGE: the contiguous countries measure 36in H X 37in W. This map has been designed with a unique and simple system of numbered tabs, making it easy for kids to piece together in your classroom. Complete illustrated step-by-step lesson instructions are included.
There are three versions so you can customize this map for your needs:
1) Countries in color with a fun font for the country name—students simply cut out the countries and piece them together
2) Countries in color but otherwise blank—students can label and decorate before piecing the map together
3) Outline of countries (no color) and completely blank—totally open ended for you and your students to choose the color and decoration
This is a terrific geography project for kids to learn the African continent. It's a simple introduction to Africa and works well with any continent study, Black History lessons, studies of African biomes, habitats of Africa or African wildlife, political maps, hands-on geography, a Montessori approach, interactive notebooks, and/or teaching world geography or African geography.
You may also be interested in:
- Mini version of this Africa map (fits on a regular sheet of 8.5x11in paper)
- USA Giant Wall Map (similar to this item but piece together the US States)
Visit Teacher Toy Shop for many more FUN teaching resources!