‘KEEP IT CLEAN!’ (Grades K-7) is a whole school, environmental rap song that highlights responsibility for protecting our planet, and provides students with simple, practical suggestions for caring for the environment.
This engaging, professionally produced rap song, was selected for the ABC's 2010 SING! publication for Australian schools. The curriculum-aligned song is being played by schools, after recess and lunch as a signal for students to clean up the playground (we call this Pavlovian environmentalism...)! :-)
'A Lesson in Every Lyric'™
All of our resources are Covid-friendly. If your school is not allowed to sing at the moment because of restrictions, our song lyrics stand alone as curriculum content-rich poetry.
* An Mp4 CURRICULUM KARAOKE™ read, sing & learn along song video (lyrics & song vocals, in a video format, for use on computers, smart boards and other technology devices)
* A FREE copy of our 'Tips & Suggestions for Using Songs in Your Classroom'
* 'Keep It Clean!' is also available as an MP3 song package (songs & lesson materials).
View a Grade 2, student assembly performance video:
Tip for Younger Grades:
Start with chorus and actions, and one verse only, gradually adding other verses as they become familiar with the lyrics.
• Not musical ~ NO worries!
• Just download the MP4 song video and play on your classroom whiteboard or computer!
• Students read / sing / learn along as the song plays and the lyrics display on the screen.
• No need to print out lyrics or create a powerpoint - the Mp4 does it all for you, making it easy for the whole class or school to follow the lyrics on any screen and read/sing along together.
• Stop video at any time, to discuss/clarify/reinforce content, define words, discuss punctuation, etc.Blog Post: 'Curriculum Karaoke™
* 'Curriculum Karaoke™ ~ Integrating Classroom Learning Through Song'
* ‘Environment Matters’
Our songs target outcomes & learning sequences of curriculum documents and support & integrate classroom learning across key subject areas.
They are perfect for:
• Motivating and engaging students
• Introducing new units of work
• Kick-starting discussion
• Summarising & reinforcing learning content
• Aiding recall of important information
• Extending literacy
• Poetry units (lyric sheets)
• Arts integration
• Assembly & performance pieces
• Creating unity
• Distance learning...
'In terms of application to the classroom, and usability by teachers they rate a tick in every box.'
~ Brendan Hitchens, Teacher, Music In Action: A Magazine for Educators
- PINTEREST BOARD: ‘Keep It Clean!’ (lesson activities, posters, etc.)
- Follow on FACEBOOK
- Follow on TWITTER
- Follow on PINTEREST
- Follow on LINKEDIN
- Follow on Instagram
- Follow Blog
COPYRIGHT: ©Lyrics: Nuala O’Hanlon / Music: Kathryn Radloff: KEYSTONE CREATIONS ~ Educational Songs. All rights reserved. This song and accompanying package are for the use of the purchaser/purchasing school only. Neither this work nor any part of it may be reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in any medium, including electronic or digital (except within purchasing school), without permission in writing from the copyright owner.
KEYSTONE CREATIONS ~ Educational Songs
A Lesson in Every Lyric®