At Mano Koa Enterprises, Psychology is "No Pilikia (Problem in Hawaiian)."
Lesson 1: Dawn of Psychology
- Students participate in the early traditions of psychology from classical philosophy including the Buddha, Lao Tzu, Confucius, Socrates and Plato.
- Students analyze how mirror neurons enhance human life through the applications of movies and sports.
Lesson 3: Parenting
- Students examine Diana Baumrind's model of parenting including the personality and humanistic factors responsible for a person becoming one of Baumrind's three types of parents.
Lesson 4: Individualism v. Collectivism
Students will examine the striking psychological differences between individualist and collectivist cultures in three different methods.
Lesson 5:Sleep Stages
- Students will investigate and analyze the brainwaves and body reactions to the four healthy sleep cycles (NREM 1, NREM 2, NREM 3, REM Sleep)
Lesson 6: The Media
- Students will apply media theory methods to determine what messages are primed in magazine covers, newspaper headlines and movie trailers.
A series of PowerPoints with Classroom Management Tools.
A highly detailed lesson plan equipped with TAG and ELL/IEP/504 strategies.
Hands-On Instructional Materials
Originally Designed Assessments
Answer Keys for EVERYTHING!!!!