In the A Folk Song a Week elementary music curriculum, each week you'll learn a new folk song in your elementary homeschool, co-op, music classroom, or elementary classroom.
A variety of types of folk songs are included: historical songs, silly songs, classic songs, spirituals, campfire songs, holiday songs, rounds, lullabies, and foreign language songs.
With each folk song you get:
- a video of someone or a group singing it
- background information about the song
- links to pdf downloads of the lyrics and sheet music
- copywork/handwriting sheets (dotted, regular, and cursive)
- coloring page
- picture book or living book suggestions (if available)
What are the 36 songs you'll learn?
- All the Pretty Little Horses
- Bicycle Built for Two
- Buffalo Gals
- Danny Boy
- De Colores
- Down By the Bay
- Down by the Riverside
- Erie Canal
- Follow the Drinking Gourd
- Frère Jacques
- Hava Nagila
- Here Comes Peter Cottontail
- Home on the Range
- Hush Little Baby
- I’ve Been Working on the Railroad
- Let There Be Peace on Earth
- Lullaby and Good Night (German Cradle Song/ Brahms's Lullaby)
- Make New Friends But Keep the Old
- Oh Susanna
- Old Dan Tucker
- On Top of Old Smoky
- Over the River and Through the Woods
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat
- Scarborough Fair
- She’ll Be Coming Round the Mountain
- Skip to My Lou
- Swing Low Sweet Chariot
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame
- The Water is Wide
- There’s a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea
- There’s a Hole in the Bucket
- When the Saints Go Marching In
- You are My Sunshine
14 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is an amazing resource! A whole year of folk songs, the history of folk music, music links and so much more!
From Danny Boy to Follow the Drinking Gourd, there are songs, brief history, and suggested extension activities! I'm not the music teacher, but I will keep this on hand for days when I am and to connect some songs to history lessons!
This was incredibly inclusive! The videos were great, and students had so much fun! Everything was thought of with the music bundle.
Music is terrific way to teach kids--especially the little ones. This comprehensive resource nails it. There are even links to books, which is wonderful. Disclosure: I received a free copy of this product in exchange for my honest review.
Such a great all-inclusive resource for elementary music class! I love that there is also an online version too!
As a homeschool Mom trying to "do it all" this product is a DREAM come true. I'm instantly a music teacher! Thank you Music in Our Homeschool!
I loved everything about this product. I really liked that it had the lyrics for each song and then a page for children to write the lyrics. I enjoy music so I loved the entire idea of this curriculum.
This is a great idea to teach Folk Songs!
This is fantastic! Love all the old favorites, and the links are superb! My home schooling grandsons love it as well (dad is a professional musician, music teacher, and they are learning to play), so they REALLY enjoy learning these. The trace/writing is huge! Thanks!