In the A Folk Song a Week elementary music curriculum, each week you'll learn a new folk song in your elementary homeschool, co-op, music classroom, or elementary classroom.
A variety of types of folk songs are included: historical songs, silly songs, classic songs, spirituals, campfire songs, holiday songs, rounds, lullabies, and foreign language songs.
With each folk song you get:
- a video of someone or a group singing it
- background information about the song
- links to pdf downloads of the lyrics and sheet music
- copywork/handwriting sheets (dotted, regular, and cursive)
- coloring page
- picture book or living book suggestions (if available)
What are the 36 songs you'll learn?
- All the Pretty Little Horses
- Bicycle Built for Two
- Buffalo Gals
- Danny Boy
- De Colores
- Down By the Bay
- Down by the Riverside
- Erie Canal
- Follow the Drinking Gourd
- Frère Jacques
- Hava Nagila
- Here Comes Peter Cottontail
- Home on the Range
- Hush Little Baby
- I’ve Been Working on the Railroad
- Let There Be Peace on Earth
- Lullaby and Good Night (German Cradle Song/ Brahms's Lullaby)
- Make New Friends But Keep the Old
- Oh Susanna
- Old Dan Tucker
- On Top of Old Smoky
- Over the River and Through the Woods
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat
- Scarborough Fair
- She’ll Be Coming Round the Mountain
- Skip to My Lou
- Swing Low Sweet Chariot
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame
- The Water is Wide
- There’s a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea
- There’s a Hole in the Bucket
- When the Saints Go Marching In
- You are My Sunshine
14 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is an amazing resource! A whole year of folk songs, the history of folk music, music links and so much more!
A variety of cultures represented!
From Danny Boy to Follow the Drinking Gourd, there are songs, brief history, and suggested extension activities! I'm not the music teacher, but I will keep this on hand for days when I am and to connect some songs to history lessons!
This was incredibly inclusive! The videos were great, and students had so much fun! Everything was thought of with the music bundle.
A Folk Song a Week curriculum
Music is terrific way to teach kids--especially the little ones. This comprehensive resource nails it. There are even links to books, which is wonderful. Disclosure: I received a free copy of this product in exchange for my honest review.
Folk Song Curriculum
Such a great all-inclusive resource for elementary music class! I love that there is also an online version too!
No music knowledge needed!
As a homeschool Mom trying to "do it all" this product is a DREAM come true. I'm instantly a music teacher! Thank you Music in Our Homeschool!
Folk Song a Week
I loved everything about this product. I really liked that it had the lyrics for each song and then a page for children to write the lyrics. I enjoy music so I loved the entire idea of this curriculum.
This is a great idea to teach Folk Songs!
Great for TESOL/ESL and Home School as well!
This is fantastic! Love all the old favorites, and the links are superb! My home schooling grandsons love it as well (dad is a professional musician, music teacher, and they are learning to play), so they REALLY enjoy learning these. The trace/writing is huge! Thanks!