To be honest, I have been meaning to create an Intro to HOSA activity for a while but I have been putting it off. However, I really wanted to have a simple way of introducing HOSA to new students or even give my older HOSA students a way to have something to present. This download comes with 3 different activities:
- "All About HOSA" Powerpoint Presentation: This simple 14-slide Presentation simply goes over the basics of HOSA (What is HOSA?; A Brief History; Emblem and Colors; Present day HOSA). There are some pop questions on HOSA facts to encourage engagement. The last two slides are customizable for you to place pictures of your HOSA as well as a slide to put in information on how to sign up and be involved. Also included are video instructions to help guide you through how to present and modify the Powerpoint.
*Be sure and check out the video preview to see a sneak peek!
- "HOSA: Past, Present and Future": I created this "online scavenger hunt" for my intro students to dive a little deeper into HOSA as well as familiarize them with the HOSA website. The form is set up as a multiple choice quiz and it guides students through the HOSA website to learn more about the mission, history and current opportunities. This activity can be printed or I have set up a Google Form to be done virtually if needed. Also included are written and video instructions to guide you through the questions and how to navigate the Google Form.
- "My Crest": Inspired by the emblems and logos of HOSA, I wanted a way for students to also show their interests and talents in an illustrated way. This blank crest is designed for students to explore the medical career they are most interested in as well as their attributes. They are great for displaying! Written instructions and examples are included.
- "All About HOSA" Powerpoint
- "All About HOSA" Video Instructions
- "HOSA: Past, Present and Future" Printable PDF
- "HOSA: Past, Present and Future" link to Google Form Quiz
- "HOSA: Past, Present and Future" Answer Key
- "HOSA: Past, Present and Future" Written Instructions
- "HOSA: Past, Present and Future" Video Instructions
- "My Crest" Printable PDF
- "My Crest" Written Instructions and Examples
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This was a fabulous way to introduce my students to HOSA and spike their interest. The activity was great to familiarize them with the HOSA website.