BACK TO SCHOOL!
A screensaver or wallpaper on a computer can tell a lot about a person.
On a large piece of construction paper (18 x 24) or two pieces of construction paper (12 x 18) taped together, students create a computer screensaver design or computer wallpaper design using information about themselves. This is a perfect project for your students to do the first week of school.
You may also wish to keep their finish project to display for Meet the Teacher Night.
No prep is needed except to make copies!
Here is list of materials and a sample list of some of the topics: All materials come in color and black/white.
- 42 topics with graphics for students to cut out
- The students may cut out as many topics as they wish, but the topic must tell something about themselves. In each frame, students will write 1 or 2 good sentences about the topic.
- A list of sentence starters that will help students write about themselves.
- A frame to include their name (ALL ABOUT ______)
- A frame to describe their family.
- A frame to show the time on the computer screen - students use their birthday to display the time on their screensaver or wallpaper
- Animals (pets, sea life, zoo)
- School subjects
- Hobbies/activities: Swim, fish, dance, playground, bake, bike riding, arts and crafts, outdoors …
- Foods: Junk food, Italian food, breakfast food…
- And more….
- 14 describing words for students to cut out (friendly, smart, funny, outgoing, …)
- Decorations for students to cut out - stars, rainbows, colorful designs
- Extra blank frames for students to add additional topics or words
Once the project is completed, there are directions included on how your students can share their screensavers.
Visit my store, MathCritters, for more great math games, activities, and worksheets.