SAVE $$$ Settlement and Urban Geography BUNDLE- Focusing on settlement patterns, site factors, settlement function, settlement hierarchies, settlement services, urban land use patterns, urbanisation and a range of urban problems and solutions that are taught through a series of contemporary case studies.
This bundle focuses on Settlement and Urban Geography and includes 5 sets of resources:
- Settlement Patterns, Site and Function
- Settlement Hierarchies and Services
- Urban Land Use (Models)
- Urban Problems and Solutions (including detailed case studies on London, Kuala Lumpur and Mumbai)
• 8 word document worksheets
•The word documents total 39 pages. The word documents worksheets are provided in colour and grayscale.
•This worksheets are also provided as PDFs.
•A PowerPoint version of diagrams and answers
•The PowerPoints total 100 slides
- FACE TO FACE READY- Word Document/PDF/PowerPoint- printable resources for delivery in the classroom.
- REMOTE READY- Suitable for online digital learning with links to Google Docs and Google Slides that can be directly posted onto Google Classroom. Students can use digital devices to work independently on the activities from home.
How I use this resource :
* In class activity- I use this resource to efficiently and accurately teach the subject knowledge. I then get creative to consolidate the learning. I’ve found that the resources help to free up time for application and higher order thinking skills.
* Pre-class flipped learning- The majority of students should be able to access the learning in the resource without teacher support. Why not set this as pre-learning so that students can start a lesson from a position of confidence?
* Post class homework and consolidation- Likewise, the resources could be used to consolidate on in-class teacher instruction.
* To support EAL students- the resources are supported by structured sentences and key vocabulary.
* To support students who benefit from short, structured activities.
* The resource is aimed at students aged 14-16 although it could be suitable for younger/older.
* The resources focus on comprehension of key knowledge and processes. They include a mixture of activities including gap fills, definitions, diagrams and questions.
Each worksheet is supported with a PowerPoint that can be displayed in class and includes possible answers.
Store: The Geography Oasis