Can I Be Your Dog is a touching story about "a large, lonely dog named Arfy. He writes letters to residents of Butternut Street asking to be adopted so he won’t have to continue living in a cardboard carton in an alley." This book highlights the plight of rescue animals. ~from kirkus reviews
Engage and support your students in the joy of reading literature with these 12 digital and no prep book study companion activities. Activities include:
- Lesson set and preview of activities
- Digital read aloud
- Sequencing the beginning, middle and end
- Play on Words
- Story elements
- Character close up
- Close reading
- True-false for story comprehension
- Main ideas and supporting details
- Summarizing paragraph with a graphic organizer and word bank.
The simple and consistent layout has accommodations built right into the activities. The activities offer multiple and flexible options for learners to interact with the lesson materials.
Check out other lessons in our store at TEACH ME THIS