The article explains how the Age of Exploration led to the system of capitalism and the philosophy of mercantilism, both of which dominated Europe and the rest of the world for centuries, and still greatly influences the world economy today. Activities and Common Core-Aligned DBQ Assessment included.
- 2-Page Illustrated Article
- Multiple Choice Assessment + Answer Key
- Primary Source: - from Adam Smith's "The Wealth Of Nations"
- Secondary Sources: "Colonial Mercantilism" "Adam Smith"
- Common Core-Aligned Short Answer DBQ Assessment + Answer Key
- Short Answer DBQ Scoring Rubric (allows students to score each other's
- Scaffolded Review + Answer Key
- '3-2-1' Activity
- 'Support from Text' Guide
- Crossword + Crossword Key
- Graphic Organizer: 'Four Takeaways'
- No Prep
Store: Mr. Robert's History
- Common Core Standards Addressed:
RI.5.1, RI.6.1, RI.8.1, RI.9-10.1, W.5.2, W.5.4, W.5.9, W.5.10, W.6.2, W.6.4, W.6.9, W.6.10, W.7.2, W.7.4, W.7.9, W.7.10, W.8.2, W.8.4, W.8.9, W.8.10, W.9-10.2, W.9-10.4, W.9-10.9, W.9-10.10, CCRA.W.2, CCRA.W.4, CCRA.W.9, CCRA.W.10, RH.6-8.1, RH.6-8.2, RH.6-8.3, RH.6-8.4, RH.6-8.5, RH.6-8.6, RH.6-8.7, RH.6-8.8, RH.6-8.9, RH.6-8.10, WHST.6-8.4, WHST.6-8.9, WHST.6-8.10
- California State History-Social Science Content Standard Addressed: 7.11.3