This group of 5 assignments and 38 visual and discussion starting Bell Ringers will give you a good start in engaging your students in the beginning of a unit about the Civil War. These should all be take and go assignments...little or no work by you to use.
Here is what is included and about how much time it will take for each assignment.
1. 38 Bellringer visuals and questions in a Powerpoint: A few minutes in the beginning of each class.
2. Civil War Timeline: Students have to put 10 events in the correct order to create their own timeline and answer 4 questions: 30 minutes
3. Civil War Wordslplash: Students write 5 sentences and 3 questions using 10 words and numbers from the Civil War: 10 minutes
4. Civil War Vocabulary, story assignment, vocabulary quiz and key: 21 vocabulary words with definition, vocabulary story assignment, matching vocabulary quiz and key: 50 minutes
5. Mississippi Secession primary sources and questions: Primary source of Mississippi's Declaration of Secession and 7 questions to answer: 30 minutes
6. Civil War Anticipation Guide with answer key: 15 statements about The Civil War. Students decide whether they are true and false. Good pre-assessment. Answer key provided.
Created by Don Jenkins - Visit My Store