This course is clear, organized and engaging! It covers all the way from the 13 Original Colonies to 2016! Each unit is organized into thematic activity packages complemented by diverse evaluations (eg. "Re-Tweeting the Emancipation Proclamation"). Very clear teacher guides also included!
Course is most often used with Gr. 10 or Gr. 11 American History classes (depending on the state). Common Core aligned!
- Very clear teacher user guides with extension ideas as well!
- Over 195+ files! Over 1000+ slides and pages of learning!
- Very clear and well-organized teacher unit guides (see free download!).
- ANSWER KEYS! In-depth and very helpful (see free download!).
- Course utilizes many engaging online resources (eg. interactive mapping, primary video clips, simulations, articles etc.) including a free online textbook (ushistory.org)!
- Exceptional online mapping website used in some activities (5%)! (map-as-history.com). Small subscription with this website or simply use my answer key for those activities if you don't want to purchase a subscription. Your choice!
- Thematic packages included:
The Original Colonies, Life in the Colonies, the Road to Revolution, the American Revolution, the Antebellum Period, the Civil War, Post-Civil War America, America at the Turn of the Century, the Great War, the Roaring Twenties, the Great Depression, World War Two (Plus Bonus Enrichment Bundle), the Cold War, the Civil Rights Era, Politics of Distrust, Towards the New Millennium and A New America Emerges.
- Includes many Common Core aligned resources - check out the free download!
- Many primary resources incorporated into the activities.
Other items included:
- 17 differentiated activity packages (see free download for sample)
- 11 interactive Smartboard review activities (most can be done without a Smartboard!). As an alternative, access to "Class Flow" knowledge tests are provided!
- 2 tests with answer keys.
- Full exam with answer key.
- Introductory activities including, “The American Dream in Real Life.”
- Informal transition games for review or simply to get students physically moving!
- Many differentiated evaluations (eg. Twitter Dialogue, “Fact or Fiction” Investigations, Facebook templates).
- Engaging Discussions.
- Clear rubrics.
- A folder full of generic activities that can be used in a variety of different ways!
Store: Creating History