The article describes the workings of the feudal system in Europe as a lord / vassal system - a system in which loyalty and service are given in exchange for land. Activities and Common Core-Aligned DBQ Assessment included.
- 2 Page Illustrated Article
- Multiple Choice / Document Based Question - Assessment + Answer Key
- Primary Source: excerpts from "The Annals of St Bertin"
- Common Core-Aligned Short Answer DBQ - Assessment + Answer Key
- Short Answer DBQ Scoring Rubric (allows students to score each other's
- Brief Articles: "The Vikings" "Becoming a Knight"
- Scaffolded Review + Answer Key
- Crossword + Crossword Key
- Exit Ticket + Answer Key
- Graphic Organizer: "Four Takeaways"
- "Historical Examination" Form
- Primary Source Visuals and Maps
- Secondary Source Visuals
- 3-2-1 Activity
- Support from Text Guide
- Black and White Printables
- No Prep
Store: Mr. Robert's History
Common Core Standards Addressed:
RI.5.1, RI.6.1, RI.8.1, W.5.2, W.5.4, W.5.9, W.5.10, W.6.2, W.6.4, W.6.9, W.6.10, W.7.2, W.7.4, W.7.9, W.7.10, W.8.2, W.8.4, W.8.9, W.8.10, CCRA.W.2, CCRA.W.4, CCRA.W.9, CCRA.W.10, RH.6-8.1, RH.6-8.2, RH.6-8.3, RH.6-8.4, RH.6-8.5, RH.6-8.6, RH.6-8.7, RH.6-8.8, RH.6-8.9, RH.6-8.10, WHST.6-8.4, WHST.6-8.9, WHST.6-8.10
CALIFORNIA STATE HISTORY-SOCIAL SCIENCE CONTENT STANDARDS ADDRESSED: 7.6.3