'Get Into Shapes!' (Grades Pre K-4) is a perfect resource for introducing a lesson about geometric shapes, a discussionabout the various shapes that surround us in our daily lives, and/or a revision lesson.
This engaging, curriculum-aligned song helps students learn basic properties of shapes based on clues provided about the circle, square, triangle, rectangle, oval, and rhombus).
The song ends by naming images of other geometric shapes that students learn about in primary school, familiarising them with names such as hexagon, pentagon, nonagon...
An illustrated, Curriculum Karaoke™ read, sing & learn along song video MP4 for use on computers, smart boards and other technological devices).
Song Video Preview Sample:
• Not musical ~ NO worries!
• Just download the MP4 song video and play on your classroom whiteboard or computer!
• Students read / sing / learn along as the song plays and the lyrics display on the screen.
• No need to print out lyrics or create a powerpoint - the Mp4 does it all for you, making it easy for the whole class or school to follow the lyrics on any screen and read/sing along together.
• Stop video at any time, to discuss/clarify/reinforce content, define words, discuss punctuation, etc.
Blog Post: ‘Curriculum Karaoke™
Our songs target outcomes & learning sequences of curriculum documents and support & integrate classroom learning across key subject areas.
They are perfect for:
• Motivating and engaging students
• Introducing new units of work
• Kick-starting discussion
• Summarising & reinforcing learning content
• Aiding recall of important information
• Extending literacy
• Poetry units (lyric sheets)
• Arts integration
• Assembly & performance pieces
• Creating unity
• Distance learning...
'In terms of application to the classroom, and usability by teachers they rate a tick in every box.'
~ Brendan Hitchens, Teacher, Music In Action: A Magazine for Educators
- PINTEREST BOARD: ‘Get Into Shapes!' (lesson activities, posters, etc.)
- Follow on FACEBOOK
- Follow on TWITTER
- Follow on PINTEREST
- Follow on LINKEDIN
- Follow on Instagram
- Follow Blog
COPYRIGHT: ©Lyrics: Nuala O’Hanlon / Music: Kathryn Radloff: KEYSTONE CREATIONS ~ Educational Songs. All rights reserved. This song video is for the use of the purchaser/purchasing school only. Neither this work nor any part of it may be reproduced, distributed, performed or displayed in any medium, including electronic or digital (except within purchasing school), without permission in writing from the copyright owner.
KEYSTONE CREATIONS ~ Educational Songs
A Lesson in Every Lyric®
Check out KEYSTONE CREATIONS for more resources.