This 9 page packet contains everything your students need to compare how President Hoover and President F.D. Roosevelt handled the Great Depression.
Your students will examine several primary source excerpts from the writings/speeches of Hoover/F.D.R in order to compare the following:
1) Their different philosophies on the role of government in a depression (Rugged Individualism V. Forgotten Man)
2) Should the government provide Direct Relief?
3) The Legislation each president passed in order to combat the Depression
In this activity, students will:(all materials are included in this download)
1) Complete a short warm-up activity that asks students to share their opinion on the topic of direct relief (gov't role)
2) Read excerpts from the words of Hoover/F.D.R and answer guiding questions about the excerpts
3) Complete an extension activity that asks students to examine how the current president handles Direct Relief
Great Independent classwork or for homework
**Includes a Traditional and GOOGLE version for your use!
Created by Learning is a Passion - Visit My Store