Resource Type: Article, Activities, Document Based Question-Assessment, and Paragraph Activity
The article features medieval Muslim contributions to early Mathematics and Astronomy, as well as, their influence on the development of Renaissance Europe. Activities, Common Core Document Based Question-Assessment, and Paragraph Activity included.
- Lesson Includes:
- 3-Page Illustrated Article
- DBQ Short Answer Assessment + Answer Key
- Short Answer Scoring Rubric (allows students to score each other's answers)
- Scaffolded Paragraph Activity
- Paragraph Check-List / Scoring Rubric
- 'Historical Examination' Form
- Graphic Organizer: 'Four Takeaways'
- '3-2-1' Reflective Writing Activity
- 'Support from Text' Guide
- Crossword + Crossword Key
- No Prep
Store: Mr. Robert's History
- Lesson Duration can be 60 - 90 mins. depending on how much is used.
- California State History-Social Science Content Standard Addressed: 7.2.6
- Ideal for Cross Curriculum / Common Core Activity in History and/or Math.
Common Core Standards
RI.5.1, RI.6.1, RI.8.1, RI.9-10.1, W.5.2, W.5.4, W.5.9, W.5.10, W.6.2, W.6.4, W.6.9, W.6.10, W.7.2, W.7.4, W.7.9, W.7.10, W.8.2, W.8.4, W.8.9, W.8.10, W.9-10.2, W.9-10.4, W.9-10.9, W.9-10.10, CCRA.W.2, CCRA.W.4, CCRA.W.9, CCRA.W.10, RH.6-8.1, RH.6-8.6, RH.6-8.10, WHST.6-8.4, WHST.6-8.9, WHST.6-8.10