Use this Math & Art Winter Activity (printable, digital, editable)
Students will create their own Koch Snowflakes using attached graph paper (triangular isometric paper). They will construct the first 4 iterations of the fractal (from 0 to 3). Step by step directions for creating your own fractal are included.
After that, you can choose 4 different tasks to complete or do all of them with your students.
1. Cut out your colored snowflake and connect everyone’s snowflakes together to make a mural, door decoration, or bulletin board display.
2. Calculate the perimeter of your snowflake.
3. Calculate the area of your snowflake.
4. Find the scale factor used for each pair of similar figures in your snowflake.
This resource includes:
- The editable digital version in Google Slides™.
- The editable PowerPoint™ version.
- The printable version in PDF (color).
- The task answer key.
Check out Inspire Math Matematyka for more resources.