This time-saving resource is an ideal review problem set acid for a high school chemistry unit about pH, pOH, and molarity. The full-page problem set features sixteen questions that use the following equations with opposite starting points.
- pH = -log [H+]
- pOH= -log [OH-]
- Kw = [H+] ∙ [OH-] = 1.0 x 10^-14
- pH + pOH = 14
- [H+] = 10^-pH
- [OH-] = 10^-pOH
- M1V1 = M2V2
Students will also utilize a molar mass conversion factor in dimensional analysis to solve a problem with a solution with known molarity or pH.
- There are sixteen problems in this full-page problem set.
- It comes with a key where both the answers and the shown work are bold, red font.
- I rounded the answers to honor the various significant figure rules.
- This PDF file will become editable upon conversion to Microsoft Word using an Adobe Acrobat Reader DC app.
- Students will need a scientific calculator that can handle logarithmic functions and scientific notation for this activity.
This resource complements the pH, pOH, and Molarity Exam Set A and B I published.
I appreciate your interest. I have over twenty-five years of teaching experience and twenty years of publishing experience collectively through eight different science supply companies. Order with confidence!