King Andrew I was created in 1833 and is a commentary on the perceived abuses of power committed by Andrew Jackson during his presidency.
The download includes the following:
1. A PowerPoint - complete with discussion notes for each slide - that teachers can use to lead students through the cartoon.
2. An introductory paragraph that describes the circumstances behind the cartoon.
3. A full-size picture of the cartoon, allowing students to label as instructed.
4. A graphic organizer that assists students in identifying different parts of the cartoon, analyzing symbols, and determining the meaning of the cartoon.
5. A series of questions based on the political cartoon.
6. An answer key.
For those seeking distance learning options, the assignment associated with the cartoon can be readily converted to a digital activity using Google Slides.
I continue to add cartoons related to United States History. These are all valuable resources to my own curriculum. If there is a specific cartoon you wish to see, please let me know.
Your feedback regarding this product is always appreciated. And feel free to browse my store for other products related to US History, World History, and Government.
Visit my store on Amped Up Learning: Around the World in 180 Days
Should you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com.