SPELLING TERM 1 GRADE 4
This makes a great addition to your primary spelling resources. I have created a set of spelling lists for each of the grades. This pack contains a set of activities for each spelling list.
• Instructions included in each of the sets of word lists
• On each page there is a new set of list words for you to practice (see the word list below)
• Firstly read each word in the word list
• Then copy and write each word 3 times
• Lastly, each letter has a value. Work out how much each word is worth using the table provided.
Use this resource for…
Words with /aw/ spelt with augh and au
Adding the prefix –in (meaning ‘not’ or ‘into’)
Adding the prefix ‘im’ (before a root word starting with ‘m’ or ‘p’)
Homophones and near homophones
Words with /shun/ endings spelt with ‘sion’
(if root word ends in ‘se’. ‘de’ or ‘d’)
Words with a /shuhn/ sound, spelt with ‘sion’
(if root word ends in ‘se’, ‘de’ or ‘d’)
Words with a /shuhn/ sound, spelt with ‘ssion’
(if root word ends in ‘ss’ or ‘mit’)
Words with a /shuhn/ sound, spelt with ‘tion’
(if root word ends in ‘te’ or ‘t' or has no definite root)
Words with a /shuhn/ sound, spelt with ‘cian’
(if root word ends in ‘c’ or ‘cs’)
Words with ‘ough’ to make a long /o/, /oo/ or /or/ sound
✔ Morning Work
✔ Literacy Centres
✔ Early Finisher Tasks
✔ Spelling Intervention
✔ Distance Learning
Follow me on Facebook for exclusive fan FREEBIES!
Follow my BLOG for ideas
Follow my Facebook page for giveaways and updates!
Thank you for visiting OceanviewResources
Check out Oceanview Resources for more resources.