Text-Dependent (Based) Questions are a great way to engage students in any text! This resource will help you understand the purpose of deeper questions and aid you in creating deeper questions!
Text-Dependent Questions DO...
- Engage students in CLOSE READING
- Provide opportunities to CHECK FOR UNDERSTANDING
- Ask students to ANALYZE vocabulary and text structures
- Requires that student READ and COMPREHEND the text in order to answer questions based on the author's purpose
- Allows students to COMPARE and CORROBORATE information across texts
- Engage students in DEEPER THINKING
This 7 page guide includes:
1. Explanation and Purpose page - what TDQs are and how they engage students in deeper thinking, PLUS a graphic to post in your room!*
2. Demonstrations page - how students can demonstrate their understanding at each level
3. Sample Questions page - two text-dependent questions sets
4. Question Stems page - four or more question stems for each level
Check it out this helpful resource today and get your student thinking more deeply!
*Enlarge when printing or by using a copy machine to create a classroom poster
FORMATS INCLUDE: PDF & WORD
Store: The Social Studies Stash