Resource Type: Lesson Plan, Article, Activities, Assessment,
"The Maya" gives an overview of its geography, its political and social systems, its notable achievements, and its art and architecture. Activities and Assessment included.
- 4-Page Illustrated Article
- Multiple Choice / DBQ Short Answer Assessment + Answer Key
- Short Answer Scoring Rubric (allows students to score each other's answers)
- Scaffolded Review + Answer Key
- Crossword + Crossword Key
- Historical Examination Form
- '3-2-1' Writing Activity
- 'Support from Text' Guide
- Graphic Organizers: 'Four Takeaways' 'T Chart - Maya Agriculture'
- No Prep
Created by Mr. Robert's History
Common Core Standards
RI.5.1, RI.6.1, RI.8.1, RI.9-10.1, W.5.2, W.5.4, W.5.9, W.5.10, W.6.2, W.6.4, W.6.9, W.6.10, W.7.2, W.7.4, W.7.9, W.7.10, W.8.2, W.8.4, W.8.9, W.8.10, W.9-10.2, W.9-10.4, W.9-10.9, W.9-10.10, CCRA.W.2, CCRA.W.4, CCRA.W.9, CCRA.W.10, RH.6-8.1, RH.6-8.10, WHST.6-8.4, WHST.6-8.9, WHST.6-8.10