The U.S. Geography unit lesson plan covers a wide range of topics from geographic and physical land forms of the U.S., to map types and tools, to population and settlement patterns, and WAY MORE!
The unit is designed to last 9 to 10 classroom periods and comes with , each with its own PowerPoint presentation, student exercises, and teacher answer key. Several unit review activities and exercises are also included, along with a unit exam that comes complete with teacher answer key. The resources in this unit have been used with 5th, 6th, & 7th graders with great success and may also be used for 8th and 9th graders.
These resources come in both and
You’ll Receive everything you need to cover these topics:
--Applying geographic tools to interpret maps (latitude/longitude, scales, symbols, etc.)
--Main types of maps (physical, political, & thematic)
--Identifying each state and its location in the U.S
--State abbreviations and state capitals
--Economic, Physical, Political, and Climatological regions of the U.S.
--Examination of various regions such as Silicon Valley, Rust Belt & Sun Belt, Census Regions, etc.
--Locating and describing the significance of land forms such as the Rocky Mountains, Great Lakes, Mississippi River, and many others
--Identifying and explaining the importance of the largest population centers in the U.S.
--What it can be used for and how it can be interpreted (election results, census data, demographics, etc.)
- 7 PowerPoint presentations
- 27 student exercise assignments, including 8 for unit review, and all come complete with teacher answer key
- ALL exercises come in PDF format -and- digitally via Google Drive
- Jeopardy Unit Review Game: USER FRIENDLY and completely ready to go! Includes 12 categories with ALL questions and answers; single, double, and final Jeopardy rounds; automated scoring; randomized daily double locations, and more!
- Unit Exam with recommended point grading system and grading rubric
I greatly appreciate ANY feedback and if you have any questions about this product, PLEASE don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly at email@example.com