Lesson Plan: Article, Document Based Question-Assessment, Activities
The article is a story of the mythical origin of the book. Scheherazade, daughter of one of the king's viziers, decides to put an end to a terrible tradition. Excellent story of 1,001 tales told in 1,001 nights in order to save lives. Engaging extension to Islamic Unit. Activities and Common Core-Aligned DBQ Assessments included.
- 3-Page Illustrated Article
- Multiple Choice / Data Based Question Assessment + Answer Key
- Primary Source: from "Arabians Nights"
- Common Core-Aligned DBQ Short Answer Assessment + Answer Key
- Short Answer Rubric (allows students to grade each other's DBQ answers)
- 'Historical Examination' Form
- '3-2-1' Reflective Writing Activity
- 'Support from Text' Guide
- Crossword + Crossword Key
- Graphic Organizer: 'Four Takeaways'
- No Prep
Store: Mr. Robert's History
California State History-Social Science Content Standard Addressed: 7.2.6
Common Core Standards
RI.5.1, RI.6.1, RI.8.1, RI.9-10.1, W.5.2, W.5.4, W.5.9, W.5.10, W.6.2, W.6.4, W.6.9, W.6.10, W.7.2, W.7.4, W.7.9, W.7.10, W.8.2, W.8.4, W.8.9, W.8.10, W.9-10.2, W.9-10.4, W.9-10.9, W.9-10.10, CCRA.W.2, CCRA.W.4, CCRA.W.9, CCRA.W.10, RH.6-8.1, RH.6-8.2, RH.6-8.3, RH.6-8.4, RH.6-8.5, RH.6-8.6, RH.6-8.7, RH.6-8.8, RH.6-8.9, RH.6-8.10, WHST.6-8.4, WHST.6-8.9, WHST.6-8.10