This action-packed lesson on the relationship between batteries and voltage is fully resourced and differentiated with 12 activities including starter, plenary, exit ticket quiz plus homeworks and 14 learning outcomes.
Easy to follow instructions are given on the PowerPoint and worksheets so that the lesson practically runs itself.
The activities include literacy, group work, peer assessment, self-assessment, pupil response to assessment, feedback to teacher on pupil learning via the exit ticket quiz and a practical.
This pack contains material for two hours lesson time in total to enable the teacher to select and totally bespoke their lesson according to pupil ability, time available for the topic and focus of departmental/school policy. Resources not used in the lesson can be additional homework or used for pre-examination revision.
An easy to follow one-page flow chart lesson plan indicates where logical choices between resources can be made and indicates whether each activity includes literacy, oracy or AFL .
- To know that an electric current is a flow of electrons which pick up energy from the battery.
- To know that, as batteries are added to a circuit, voltage increases and the lamp gets brighter.
- To be able to make a prediction and design an experiment and results table to investigate the relationship between the number of batteries and voltage.
- To be able to draw a bar graph.
- To be able to calculate the output of n number of batteries from known numbers of batteries, voltages and currents.
- Animated 17 slide PowerPoint- includes exit ticket /plenary quiz
- Cut and stick
- Anticipation guide(starter and plenary)
- Flip It
- Taboo Cards
- Worksheet for practical
- Fact sheet
- Fact Share Worksheet
- Exit ticket template
- ABC card template
- 3 Differentiated homework/classwork worksheets
- Flow chart lesson plan
- PowerPoint with answers /detailed mark schemes for homework/classwork sheets-pupils of all abilities can self-assess or peer assess.
This pack part of an **11 **topic module. Please follow the link below to my shop or the links to other resources in this series.
Links to Individual Topics in this Module
These topics are also available as small bundles.