Eighteen task cards on moments.
- A force can produce a turning effect or moment.
- The further away from the pivot that a force is applied the greater the moment.
- Moment of a force = force x distance from pivot.
- Equilibrium is an alternative term for balanced.
- At equilibrium F1 x d1 = F2 x d2
- The wheelbarrow, tongs and crowbar are examples of simple machines using levers.
Some cards are more challenging than others and many cards have several related tasks with varying degrees of difficultly.
Answers are provided on an animated PowerPoint with one slide per task card so that the answers can also be easily photocopied. This makes self-assessment and peer assessment extremely easy.
More high quality resources available.