September Focus- Names and all about me, learning about friends and feelings. We focus on lines and scissor skills, and counting to 5. We are beginning to recognize groups of 5. We investigate balance during our play and inquiry time. STEAM includes letters, apples and lines.
The very first month of the year is about setting foundations, building routines and establishing friendships. We focus on welcoming activities and recognition of self and the importance of being part of a community. We learn through hands on and inquiry!
- Recognize their names and the names of others.
- Take part in discussions about themselves.
- Create art to express themselves and their likes.
- Respond to the social aspect of being at school for the first time.
- Use a variety of materials to express Literacy and Numeracy behaviours.
- Take part in finger plays and songs.
- Take part in 4 STEAM activities.
Please click on the video tab for a tour of all of the lessons and printables we call Sweet Treats!