This resources contains 152 pages of worksheets, answer keys, games, and other fun English language arts practice based on grade 2 common core ELA standards. The worksheets can be used throughout the school year and are conveniently organized into folders by their topic (and organized within their folders by subtopic). They are also available in digital format (Google Drive).
This resource contains material that covers the following:
- Adverbs & Adjectives
- Collective Nouns
- Compound Words
- Context Clues
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Shades of Meaning
- Multiple Meaning Words
- Irregular Past Tense Verbs
- Phonics/Foundation Skills (short vowels - long vowels - vowel teams - irregularly spelled words - inconsistent spelling sound correspondence)
- Irregular Plural Nouns
- Prefixes, Suffixes, & Root Words
- Reflexive Pronouns
- Simple v. Compound Sentences
What levels can use these worksheets?
It's designed for GRADE 2 students. However, it can be used as part of extension activities for grade 1 students or review for grade 3 students who may need a bit of extra help.
FONT & CLIPART CREDITS
- This resource uses fonts from I'm Lovin Lit.
You can visit her excellent blog here.
- It includes fonts from Lindsey Petlak and Zook's Nook.
- It includes clip art from Whimsy Clips and Mellonheadz.
You can find the Mellonheadz blog here.
- It includes borders from Creative Clips by Krista Wallden.
- Other excellent Clipart from Artifex and Rivulet.
- Thumbnail mock-ups by Sabrina Dias and Company.
- Miss Kindergarten Font by Kimberly Geswein Fonts